I am obsessed with Halloween and the first thing I usually think of is what my kids are going to dress up as to trick-or-treat! There are endless ways to be creative and unique with costumes, especially when shopping at Dollar Tree. At the first sign of fall, I start dreaming up the different costumes that we’ll make this year. One costume that I thought would be adorable to make for my daughter was a flamingo costume. She loves seeing flamingos at the zoo, so I thought it would be the perfect costume to make for her… I may have been a little off! Check out to see how I did it below.
*Please note: I made all of these costumes to fit children, but they can be made for adults as well.
Flamin-GO Your Way In to a Store Near You to Gather These Supplies:
- Bright Pink Feathers or a Feather Boa
- One Large Craft Googly Eye
- White Construction Paper
- Black Permanent Marker
- Tacky Glue®
- Adhesive Spray (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Bright Pink Onesie or Shirt (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Bright Pink Leggings (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
I love Flamingos and I love pink, so this costume is one of my favorites. It was also very easy to make!
Here’s How You Do It!
- I started by laying out my bright pink onesie and used adhesive spray to secure my bright pink feather boas to the right arm, front and back of the onesie (for an older child or an adult, I would use a bright pink long sleeve shirt).
- While the adhesive spray was drying, I used a black permanent marker to draw the flamingo’s beak onto white construction paper.
- I used scissors to cut out my beak and used Tacky Glue® to glue the paper beak to the end of the right arm.
- Next, I used Tacky Glue® to glue one large googly eye amongst the feathers, slightly to the side of the beak.
- I paired the finished flamingo onesie with hot pink leggings for the most adorable feathered costume. Unfortunately, my model did not enjoy wearing her flamingo costume as much as I enjoyed making it, but she sure does look cute!
Want more DIY Halloween costumes? Check out this fun and creative raincloud costume!