Perfectly seasoned and blackened fish is a great summer dish! Not to mention it’s easy to make and the clean-up is a piece of cake. Simply use this foil-baking method to prepare dinner in minutes, on the grill or in the oven. With just a handful of dried spices and freshly frozen fish, these ingredients can easily be kept on hand for your next fresh-catch craving.
- 4 Small Tilapia Filets
- 2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoons Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Small Bowl
- Aluminum Foil
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Basting Brush
Follow Along for Fish, Foil, and Flavor:
- Preheat oven to 425° or heat grill to medium.
- Combine paprika, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Cut two 10×10″ pieces of aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Defrost, rinse, and pat the tilapia dry. Brush with olive oil. Cover the tops of the filets with the spices and rub in.
- Place two filets per foil and fold the foil closed so that it forms a tent of steam while baking.
- Bake (or grill) until fish is cooked through and spices have darkened, about 10-11 minutes.
- Remove foil packets from the grill and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Unwrap the foil packets, plate, and enjoy!
Fishin’ for more summer recipes? Check out these easy and tasty tuna wraps!