I love adding handmade touches of décor around my home. I especially love displaying plants and flowers, but I’ll admit my green thumb could use some work… that’s why I use $1 faux succulents, plants, and moss in my decorations! If you’re anything like me, you can still get the look of gorgeous greenery with no maintenance thanks to Dollar Tree. Check out this easy terrarium I made recently using picture frames. So simple and affordable, you can make as many as you need for coffee tables, desks, shelves, and even centerpieces for weddings and parties!
Succulents & Supplies:
- Faux Moss
- Faux Succulents
- Faux Greenery
- Three 5×7″ Picture Frames (Your Favorite Colors & Styles!)
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
Frame Up Your Terrarium:
- Remove the glass and backing from every frame and set aside.
- Apply a thin line of hot glue along the long side of one frame and press it along the side of another frame. This will form two sides of a triangle.
- Add another line of glue to both exposed sides of the two frames and attach the third frame to complete your triangle terrarium.
- Take one of the cardboard frame backings and use scissors to cut out a triangle that fits the bottom of the terrarium.
- Use hot glue to attach the cardboard to the bottom of the frames to form the base and let all the glue dry completely.
- Now comes the fun part! Arrange moss, succulents, and any other greenery you like on top of the cardboard base.
- Display and enjoy your new no-maintenance faux plant terrarium. Leftover succulents and supplies? Check out other succulent ideas on the blog!