Anyone else a huge fan of music festivals? Me too! No matter the time of year, I love going to festivals with friends and getting to hear all of our favorite artists and bands. One thing I have noticed at music festivals lately is that makeup has gone beyond just your ordinary everyday looks. It is all about glitter, sparkles, and especially eccentric type looks! Well I am all in on this trend and decided to give a few looks a try. Since I am already spending money on the festival tickets, I am looking to save in other ways such as makeup. Therefore, I headed to my local Dollar Tree and get inspired.
Dollar Tree has a HUGE selection of makeup, plus in select stores, they even have festival makeup! Check out below to see the look I came up with for just a few dollars. I can’t wait to wear this look at my next music fest!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- L.A. Colors® Liquid Highlighter
- L.A. Colors® Pressed Highlighter
- L.A. Colors® Prism Gel for Body (Sold in Select Stores)
- L.A. Colors® Duo Eyeshadow Pencil (I used the pink and purple combo, Sold in Select Stores)
- L.A. Colors® Purple Cosmic Lip Topper (Sold in Select Stores)
- Floral Garden® Butterfly Decoration (I picked the jewels off of them)
- Glitter, Gems, Jewels, or Confetti Sequins
- Wet n Wild® Eyelash Glue
- L.A. Colors® Shimmering Loose Eyeshadow (Pink, Silver, and Purple)
- Temporary Hair Color Spray (Pink)
- Bobby Pins
- Sassy+Chic B.B. Beauty Cream
- Beauty Blender
- L.A. Colors® Black Dramatilash Eyelashes
- L.A. Colors® Black Big Lash Mascara
- L.A. Colors® Black Matte Liquid Liner
- L.A. Colors® Concealer
- L.A. Colors® Pressed Powder Foundation
- Makeup Brushes
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- I started by applying my Sassy+Chic B.B. Beauty Cream with my beauty blender, until my entire face was covered.
- Next, I used my L.A. Colors® Concealer to cover up dark circles under my eyes as well as cover any blemishes on my face.
- Once my blemishes were concealed, I then took L.A. Colors® Pressed Powder Foundation and using my makeup brush, applied it to my face in order to get that matte look.
- Now for the fun part! I took my L.A. Colors® Liquid Highlighter and applied it to my cheekbones with my finger.
- I wanted an extra shimmery look, so using a makeup brush I applied L.A. Colors® Pressed Highlighter on top of my cheekbones as well.
- To give my face a bit of sparkle and color, I then applied a small amount of L.A. Colors® Prism Gel on top of my cheekbones as well.
- I then used Wet n Wild® Eyelash Glue and tweezers to apply crafting jewels & gems to my forehead.
- Next, I used L.A. Colors® Silver Shimmering Loose Eyeshadow for the outer corners of my eyelids and continued with Wet n Wild® Pink Glitter Single for the top of my eyelids.
- Once my eyeshadow was complete, I used L.A. Colors® Black Big Lash Mascara for my eyelashes.
- I then took L.A. Colors® Black Dramatilash Eyelashes and applied the glue (that they came with) to the flat inside portion of the lashes (can also follow directions on packaging for eyelashes). Then I picked them up using my tweezers and applied them to my eyelids, holding for a few seconds.
- To complete my eyes, I used L.A. Colors® Black Matte Liquid Liner on top of where I applied my lashes.
- Then, to add a bit more shimmer and color, I used L.A. Colors® Duo Eyeshadow Pencil in the inside of my bottom eyelids.
- I then decided I wanted a few more jewels since I am going to a festival, so using Wet n Wild® Eyelash Glue and tweezers, I applied a few more crafting jewels & gems underneath my eyes.
- Next, I topped my lips off with L.A. Colors® Purple Cosmic Lip Topper.
- Finally, it was hair time! I decided to go with a middle part, taking one half of my hair and twisting a few pieces at the top and securing with bobby pins.
- To give this look a more festival vibe, I used pink Temporary Hair Color Spray and applied it to my roots. While the spray was still went, I added a few colored confetti stars and loose glitter!
There you have it… for just a few dollars I was able to create this fun, affordable, and eccentric festival makeup look! Now the only question is… what will I wear?!
Now that you’ve got the festival makeup look down, how about a glam smokey eye look for an upcoming date night?