Hosting a Cinco de Mayo party or having friends over for Taco Tuesday? Then, give them something to “taco-bout” and get a little festive with a cute reusable taco garland! Cut and layer felt or construction paper to form adorable hard-shell tacos and string them together to form a garland. This is such a fun addition to any celebration big or small, perfect to hang from a mantle, above a food table, or on your front porch to welcome guests!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Yellow, Green, Red, Brown, and Orange Felt or Construction Paper
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Use scissors to cut felt to appropriate sizes.
- Cut the yellow felt (taco shell) into 5-inch circles, one per taco.
- Cut the brown felt (meat) into wavy 4- inch circles, one per taco.
- Cut the green felt (lettuce) into wavy 3-inch circles, one per taco
- Cut the red felt (tomatoes) into ½ inch circles, 2-3 per taco.
- Cut the orange felt (cheese) into 1-inch x 1/3 inch rectangles, 3-4 per taco.
- Use hot glue to layer each item inside the yellow circle taco shell, add twine through the middle, then seal shut with additional hot glue.
- Repeat step 7 with each taco, spacing about 2-3 inches between each one.
- Once complete, hang your garland above a taco-making-station, along a fireplace mantle, in a doorway, or across a door to festively decorate!
Looking for additional ways to spice up your party? Try making these DIY party hat piñatas… they are sure to be a hit!