Floral art is such a timeless and classic way to decorate any room, and it’s my personal favorite. Adding small touches of original art on a shelf, mantel, or wall can instantly transform the space. Even more show-stopping, I love to make 3-D floral art! Now, now, hear me out… not only is this craft easier to do than you may think, it’s such a fun and unexpected decoration that really stands out. Plus, there’s no perfect way to do this because every piece is one-of-a-kind. Creativity has no flaw and there’s no such thing as messing up!
Gather Your Arts & Crafts Supplies:
- Foam Board or Chalkboard
- Paint Brushes
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Your Favorite Faux Flowers
Create Your 3-D Masterpiece:
- Use chalk, paint, markers, or any writing supply to draw your floral vase, vines, leaves, or whatever your creativity inspires. Be sure to leave room for where your faux flowers will be glued in place.
- Pull apart your faux flowers from their stems. Use scissors to trim off any excess stem so that it’s easier to glue in place.
- Add small dabs of hot glue to the stem and back of each flower and press in place so that the blooms are facing outward.
- Add as many flowers as your space allows, overlapping them to create the look of a bouquet if you’d like.
- Let your work of art dry completely and then hang or prop in place. Check out this second piece I made!
Want more creative ways to use those Dollar Tree flowers? Check out these faux floral ideas on the blog!