Close your eyes and imagine enormous, elegant flowers in your wedding colors hanging from the ceiling at your reception. Can you see them? These uniquely impressive tissue paper flowers make a distinct statement of style and taste — they would make a big, colorful splash at your bridal shower, or serve as really trendy decorations for your reception. Made from layers of tissue paper, these ornamental flowers are not only beautiful, but they’re also easy to make and customize for your color scheme… and they are very budget friendly!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 20×20″ Tissue Paper (your choice of colors)
- Floral Wire
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Layer 8-10 sheets of 20×20″ tissue paper on top of one another. For a greater impact, you can mix two (or more) colors together.
- Fold the tissue paper in 1-1-1⁄2” sections, back and forth in an accordion/fan fold.
- Once folded, secure the tissue by twisting floral wire around the middle.
- For prettier “petals,” trim each end of the tissue into rounded or pointed corners. For a more dahlia-looking style of flower, cut a small slit (about 1″ deep) in the middle of the rounded edges.
- Now you are ready to open your flower. Carefully (so you don’t tear the tissue) separate the tissue layers on the left and right side towards the center.
- Once you have separated all the tissue layers, fluff and shape your flower to your desired look.
- The finished flowers can be hung from the ceiling or light fixtures using fishing wire, or attach them to dowel rods for stems and arrange in a vase. You can also attach the flowers to chairs, railings, centerpieces, trees, and bushes using the attached floral wire.
Another fun idea would be to get your family and friends together to help you make the flowers for your reception. When the process is also fun and easy, it’s even better. Gather everyone, serve some light snacks and drinks, play some music, and have fun while you get some extra helping hands. When you let your friends and loved ones participate in the creation of decorations for your wedding, it’s a special honor.
You can also watch the video for this idea!