You’ll go batty for these DIY Halloween ornaments! Simple to make and so much fun, you can create as many of these sparkly bats as you want to incorporate into your Halloween decorations. Using just a few $1 craft supplies from Dollar Tree, you’ll have a whole colony of bats hanging around your house or party for Halloween!
What You’ll Need:
- Foam Craft Balls
- Plastic Sandwich Bags
- Craft Glue
- Paint Brush
- Glitter in Various Colors
- Black Plastic Plates
- Googly Eyes
- Thread or Fishing Wire
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Put glitter colors into separate plastic sandwich bags.
- Using a paint brush, cover a foam craft ball with craft glue and drop it into a bag of glitter. Shake the ball around until it’s covered with glitter, then remove it from the bag and set aside to dry. Repeat these steps with each foam craft ball.
- Using these wing printables as stencils, trace the wing shapes onto black plastic plates and cut them out.
- When the glittery foam balls are dry, glue a bat wing into each side, pressing firmly to make sure they’re secure in the foam ball.
- Glue two googly eyes onto each bat.
- Using thread or fishing wire, tie a loop for hanging and glue it to the foam bat ornament.
- Once dry, hang them on your spooky tree centerpiece or around the house and enjoy!