You had me at Mod Podge®… that’s what I thought to myself when I came across this decoration idea. If kids’ crafting and paper mâché projects come to mind when you think of this craft adhesive, think again. I love all the incredible ways it can be used to create something really unique and beautiful… like these gorgeous candleholders I made! I used Dollar Tree glass candleholders, small vases, and canning jars and transformed them into glowing centerpieces.
Stock Up on These & Let’s Get Started:
- Glass Candleholders, Small Glass Vases, and/or Glass Jars
- Mod Podge®
- Paint Brush
- Music Sheets
- Book Pages
- Ribbon or Twine
- Tealight Candles
- And More!
Six Simple Steps:
- Clean your glass vases, candleholders, and jars and remove any labels. (Tip: Easily remove a sticker label by soaking it in glass cleaner for a few minutes, then peeling the label off.)
- Using scissors, cut each music sheet, book page, or doily to fit around your candleholder.
- Use a paint brush to spread Mod Podge® on the page or doily and then apply to each candleholder. Press in place and add another layer of adhesive as needed.
- Once you get the look you want, let the candleholders dry for a few hours.
- Add extra embellishments like ribbon or twine to complete your look.
- Arrange them on your table, place one tealight candle inside each candleholder, and light them for a gorgeous glow!
These are great for home décor or party décor! Want more candle crafts? Get inspired with more candles and candleholder ideas on the blog.