Shared by Dollar Tree’s Value Seekers Club®! Want more ideas like this? Join the Club >
Passing the time with a good book is awesome… but losing your place isn’t! These little corner bookmarks are just the thing to hold your place while you’re jetting your little monster from one practice to the next or making dinner (and let’s face it, these are way cuter than the fast food receipt you’ve been using). Plus, they’re a great rainy-day project for the kids — make a whole bunch to mark textbooks for homework assignments. All you need are a few supplies and a little bit of spare time, and these goofy monster creations are just one page-turner away!
Bookmark These Supplies:
- Colored Construction Paper or Other Medium-Weight Paper
- White Cardstock
- Googly Eyes
Time to Get Crafty:
- Cut out a 4″ square from a piece of construction paper. From a contrasting color, cut out a 2″ square.
- Fold the 4″ square into fourths vertically and horizontally, scoring the paper into four equal squares.
- Cut out one of these squares.
- Cut the two squares on each side of the resulting opening in half diagonally toward the center, resulting in an arrow shape.
- Glue the 2″ square of the paper in the contrasting color to the remaining intact square.
- Fold one triangle over the square. Cut and glue teeth and/or a tongue to the triangle (be careful not to glue the triangle to the square!).
- Fold and glue the second triangle over the first. Add googly eyes and any other facial features.
Check out our DIY Book-Page Banner for another book-lover’s craft idea!