There are so many decorations you can make with Dollar Tree’s glass vases and Halloween crafting is no exception! Perfect for centerpieces, candy tables, parties, and more, you’ll want to make a few of these spooky spiderweb vases to display. Simply cover glass vases (mix and match if you’d like) with white tissue paper, glitter, and glue for a frightfully fantastic Halloween accent… here’s how!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 7¼” Glass Cylinder Vase
- White Tissue Paper
- Craft Glue
- Foam Paint Brush
- Spiderweb Stencil
- LED Tealight Candles
- Glow Sticks
- Paper Plate
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Tear white tissue paper into small 2″ pieces.
- Using a foam paint brush and craft glue, spread a thin layer of glue on the vase (working in small sections so you don’t glue yourself to the vase!).
- Stick the pieces of tissue paper onto the glue, allowing them to overlap a little.
- Then, dip the foam brush in glue and spread more glue on top of the tissue. Work carefully so you don’t tear the tissue. Repeat these steps until your vase is covered in a layer of white tissue paper, then set aside to dry.
- Once the vase is completely dry, place this spiderweb stencil inside the vase and trace over the lines from the outside of the vase with craft glue.
- Sprinkle glitter (in your choice of color) over the glue, covering it completely. Working in small sections will make the tracing process easier. Be sure to work over a paper plate so you can catch and reuse any excess glitter.
- If you want the web design on both sides of the vase, simply reposition the stencil and keep tracing with glue and sprinkling with glitter until you’ve covered the entire vase or reached your desired eerie effect. Then set the vase aside to dry.
- Once the glitter and glue are completely dry, carefully brush off the excess glitter with a dry paint brush. Place LED tealight candles or glow sticks inside the vase for a spooky effect!