If you’re like me, you probably don’t think to use wine glasses for anything other than, well, wine. However, this next project will get you thinking outside the box! These festive glasses make the perfect addition to your Halloween décor, so grab some Dollar Tree wine glasses and the rest of the items below to create this adorable look.
Stock Up on Supplies:
- Wine Glasses (keep in mind Dollar Tree has tinted black ones, which work great for the Halloween theme)
- Googly Eyes
- Pipe Cleaners
- Faux Flowers/Straw
- LED Tealights
- Paint or Spray Paint
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Any additional embellishments!
I’m going to show you two different designs: a scarecrow and a spider. Feel free to create whatever look you want!
Simple Scarecrow Wine Glass
- Paint the wine glass a gold/bronze metallic shade.
- Once the glass is dry, add embellishments. Hot glue the eyes and then draw the rest of the face with a black paint maker. Create a scarecrow look by adding dotted lines for that “sewed up” appearance.
- Next, hot glue pieces of straw to create hair and top it off with a faux sunflower as her “hat.” Isn’t she cute?!
Wacky Spider Wine Glass
- Use a black wine glass or spray paint one black for a darker look.
- After the glass is dry, hot glue the eyes and then draw the mouth using a white paint marker. I went with the friendly spider look and added a smile. 😊
- Using Halloween-colored pipe cleaners, create the legs. Trim the pipe cleaners and hot glue a portion of them to the sides of the glass.
- Bend the pipe cleaners to create creepy crawly spider legs!
- For an added embellishment, I decided to add a small witch hat to get the spider in the Halloween spirit.
Once you have decorated the glasses how you want, simply add a tealight candle to the base of the stem. Now you have yourself an adorable decoration or even a spooktacular party favor!
Looking for more creepy-crawly Halloween crafts? Check out our Googly Eye Craft Projects for spooky-good inspiration!