Easter is coming up and if you have kids that means you have to get ready for the Easter bunny to arrive! So, this year complete a fun DIY craft with your kids using affordable $1 supplies from Dollar Tree. Just head to your local Dollar Tree, gather a few supplies, and make these adorable handmade bunny gnomes. Make a few different ones to display around your home while you wait for the Easter bunny to arrive!
Head to Your Dollar Tree and Gather These Supplies:
- 2, 3-pk. Small Terra Cotta Pots
- 85-pc. Square Wood Beads
- 3 Rolls of Felt (Assorted Colors & White for Bunny Ears)
- Acrylic Paint – 2 Assorted Pastel Colors
- Crayola® Kids’ Washable White Paint
- 5-pk. Art Brushes
- Assured™ Cotton Balls
- Floral Garden™ 5/8″ Pink Satin Ribbon
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- Paint the bottom portion (not the rim) of three the terra cotta pots with pastel acrylic paint (whatever colors you would like) and allow to dry.
- Next, paint the rims of all of the pots in white and allow to dry.
- Hot glue one wood bead to the rims of the three pots you didn’t paint the bases of for the “nose” of the bunny gnome. Leave other 3 pots without a bead to use as the bottom of the gnome.
- Gently unroll 2-3 cotton balls for each gnome and shape ends of rolls into a point (or points) for the “beard.”
- Tuck half of the cotton into the pot without the nose, allowing the other half (with the point or points) to flow over the rim of the pot.
- Hot glue the pot with the nose to the bottom pot, along the rims of the pots.
- Cut a large triangle of felt and wrap it around the top pot to use as the hat. Secure with hot glue.
- Cut 12 “bunny” ears out of white felt, along with 6 strips of pink satin ribbon. Glue two ears together to make them sturdier.
- Next, glue ribbon to the middle of the 6 ears. Then glue ears to the front of the hats.
See that was gnome problem! Looking for more EGGcelent Easter crafts? Check out this sweet Easter candy wreath idea!