May 3, 2018 | Celebrations | Written by The Dollarista
I’m loving the latest trend for high school and college graduates: decorated graduation caps! This idea wasn’t around in my day, but I think it’s such a fun way to show off your personality and pride in your accomplishments. And hey, even if that graduation gown swallows you whole, at least your cap can be super cute, right?
Add a simple word, phrase, or decoration to your cap or go all out and completely transform it. Stock up on craft supplies and embellishments that fit your style and theme. Add your graduation year, your degree, your sorority or fraternity letters, pictures of favorite memories, a favorite quote, or even a special message to mom and dad. The possibilities are endless, so turn that plain black square into a colorful work of art. And thanks to Dollar Tree, it’s so easy to make a one-of-a-kind cap on a new-graduate’s budget.
Grab Your Grad Gear:
- Graduation Cap
- Craft Paper
- Sticker Letters & Numbers
- Faux Flowers
- Gem Stickers
Cap It All Off:
- Start by brainstorming your design and laying everything out on the cap to make sure it all fits how you want it. Check out some caps I made below for inspo!
- If you’re handwriting a message, I recommend practicing a few times on paper first.
- Once you have your cap laid out the way you want it, glue and stick everything in place.
- Once the glue dries, put on your cap and gown, strike a pose, and take pictures for Facebook and Instagram, obvi.
Congrats, grad… you did it! Now, reward yourself with a sweet treat like these Cap & Tassel Cupcakes, no studying required.