If there are no balloons, is it even a party? Graduation parties, birthday parties, holiday parties, and even weddings and other special events can be made brighter with balloons. Whether you’re a fan of solid latex balloons or foil helium balloons, you can find your favorite kinds at Dollar Tree for just a buck.
Make Your Party Pop!
My latest favorite party trend is the balloon arch. It’s a fun and festive way to decorate any wall or party table, no matter what the occasion or theme. I tried my hand at making one recently, and it was so much easier to make than I realized. Here’s how I put it together…
Balloon Arch Basics:
(These supplies made an 8-ft. arch)
- 36 Latex Balloons (I Used Three Colors, 12 of Each)
- Spool of Floral Wire
- Handheld Balloon Pump (So You Don’t Pass Out!)
Tie It All Together:
- Pick three latex balloon colors to match your party décor. I chose yellow, red, and blue to match a carnival party theme.
- Blow up 12 of each color, totaling 36 evenly-sized balloons, and tie knots to seal in the air. I recommend using a handheld air pump for this many balloons!
- Tie together the the knots of three different color balloons.
- Repeat this step of tying together three different color balloons until all 36 balloons are tied.
- Stack one triad on top of another, keeping the colors in the same order.
- Carefully wrap the floral wire around the balloon knots, securing them stacked together.
- Continue connecting one triad on top of the other using the same strand of wire and making sure the colors stack to create spirals.
- Once all the balloons are attached, leave a few extra inches of wire at the end and cut with scissors.
- Prop your balloon arch against a photo booth backdrop or use string to hang it up! Secure it to a wall, above a party table, along a fence, or in an entryway. The decorating possibilities are endless and your guests will be “blown” away!
I hope you love this idea and it becomes a party staple for you and your family. Also, check out this Fun Balloon Avalanche Idea for Birthdays.