Graduation is a BIG deal and every grad deserves to celebrate this mile marker with friends and family. During these times, we know parties and celebrations can be challenging, but it’s time to think outside the box… and challenging doesn’t mean impossible. It just means you have to get a little more creative! To keep the celebrations going while being apart, why not try out these different graduation celebration ideas? Pick up a few $1 grad decorations and party items at your local Dollar Tree store while you’re out getting your everyday essentials. Whether you’re looking to decorate your home and yard, or even deck out your car for a “drive-by” party, Dollar Tree is here to help you and your family keep the festivities fun and safe. Plus, it’s a great way to remain connected even while we are social distancing — and an awesome way to make your grad feel super special on their big day.
Graduation is just around the corner and even though you may not be able to throw the party you had planned, you can still deck out your home, yard, and even garage door for drive-by party-goers to see, or for virtual parties with friends and family. Dollar Tree has number balloons, yard signs, tableware, and tons of party items printed with “2020” to help celebrate and commemorate this momentous occasion.
Dollar Tree also carries a large assortment of solid-color party supplies, including balloons, beads, plates, cups, napkins, streamers, and utensils. We have YOUR school colors — use our School Color Finder Tool to find the store closest to you that carries your colors. Plus, we also carry graduation gifts including keepsake picture frames, balloons, grad-themed beach balls, fun wearable accessories, and more… and still just $1 each!
Do you have a friend or family member who is graduating this year? Make their graduation celebration one that they can always cherish for years to come by making them their very own grad brag board. This is the perfect way to celebrate the upcoming grad even if you can’t be there in person to celebrate with them. Different family members and friends can create their very own “brag board” for the upcoming graduate and drop them off at the grads house. Line the driveway, back porch, or the inside of your grads home with these homemade boards to show your graduate just how much they are loved and honored!
Using a few $1 supplies from Dollar Tree such as a presentation board, stickers, glue, mini clothespins, and more, you can create your very own unique board to celebrate your special graduate. Don’t forget to print out your favorite pictures of your grad and display some of their achievements!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Tri-Fold Presentation Board
- Mini Clothespins
- Washi Tape
- Permanent Marker
- Colored Construction Paper
- Printed Pictures of Your Grad
Here’s How to Do It:
- Lay out your construction paper in a grid-like pattern to cover up the white background of the presentation board.
- Use thin washi tape (any color of your choice) to outline your paper grid.
- Now, fill in your board with precious memories, sayings, stickers, and even hang pictures by hot gluing mini clothespins to your board.
Drive-by parties have become a great way to see and chat with friends and family while celebrating special occasions at a safe distance. So, why not throw your very own drive-by party for your upcoming grad? Shop at your local Dollar Tree store and pick up a few $1 decorations and party items such as balloons, streamers, signs, and more. Next, deck out your car and drive by the grad’s house to show them how much you care and how proud you are of them!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Tri-Fold Display Board
- Poster Board Sheets
- Mini Clothespins
- Poster Board Letter Stickers
- 78-pc. Die-Cut Paper Poster Letters
- Sharpie® Marker or Large Poster Markers
- Glue Sticks
- Painter’s Tape
- Utility Blade
- Poster Border or Starburst Stickers
- 4-pc. Decorative Tape Rolls
- 25-ft. Diamond Braided Rope
- Silver Plastic Catering Trays
- Air-Filled Number Balloons
- 30″ Gold Foil Gift Wrap
- 2-pc. Deluxe Gold Bows with Ribbons
- 10-pc. Glitter Grad Paper Cutouts
- Multipack Latex Balloons
- Tissue Tassel Garland (for Fringe)
- 5-pc. Metallic Star Paper Cutouts
- 3-pc. Hanging Grad Decorations
- To create the “2020” banner, first use a utility knife to cut two 1/2″ Xs across the tops of the silver plastic catering trays, and thread the diamond braided rope through the Xs.
- Tape the foil number balloons to the front of the silver plastic trays. Secure the ends of the rope to your car’s spoiler or hatchback and the side-view mirror.
- Use the rest of the rope to create a balloon arch by tying latex balloons directly to the rope at intervals.
- Tuck the bottom of the star cutouts into the window pockets and secure tops. Secure other decorations to the car using painter’s tape on windows or trim.
NOTE: This can be a big surprise, or you can call ahead so your grad is looking out for your parade. This has only been road tested to 25 mph, so make sure to go slow! And, always follow safe driving and social distancing practices.
Check out the video below to see how Dollar Tree can help you celebrate your graduate’s BIG day with all the pomp and circumstance they deserve… and all the savings you deserve!