Shared by Dollar Tree’s Value Seekers Club®! Want more ideas like this? Join the Club >
How cute are these wee shots of golden cream? They’re truly the pot of gold under the rainbow… a dessert that’s refreshing and creamy enough for sophisticated adult tastes and fun and fruity enough for the kiddos served up in little bite-sized portions. Plus, they’re simple to make and look beautiful when served — be sure to serve in clear glasses or cups to show off their scrumptious layers.
Super Sweet Supplies:
- Coconut Cookies (Shortbread or Vanilla Will Also Work)
- 1 Bag Flaked Coconut
- 1 Package Cream Cheese, Softened
- ¾ Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- A Few Drops of Yellow Food Coloring
- 1 Can Whipped Dairy Topping
Parfait Making Time:
- Crush cookies in a large zip-seal bag using a rolling pin.
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice, and food coloring on high until well-blended and fluffy.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold in 3 cups of whipped dairy topping into the lemon cream mixture above until no more white streaks remain.
- To build the parfaits, layer in clear glasses (we used dessert shot glasses) as follows: lemon cream, coconut, cookies, lemon cream. Top it off with a few coconut shreds and a spritz of whipped topping. You can also garnish with a lemon slice.
- Garnish with your favorite berries, pineapple, or fresh mint.
If this sweet treat changed your day for the better, check out these mini cakes with homemade fondant.