Adding natural elements to your décor with pops of glowing light can create a romantic and effortless look! Using balloons, twine, and Mod Podge® you can create different sized orbs to group together on display. Weaving wired fairy lights throughout the design creates a glowing orb to light up your space. Arrange a few of these on a tabletop or shelf or hang them from tree branches in your yard for an event. These glowing orbs make for a dreamy addition to any space, indoors and out!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Mod Podge®
- Battery-Operated LED Fairy Lights
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Blow up your balloon to the desired size of your orb.
- Wrap the twine around the balloon, securing the beginning with a knot. Wrap the twine around the balloon, layering together. Once finished wrapping, secure the end of the strand with a knot.
- Use your hand or a paint brush to spread the Mod Podge® across the twine. Once covered, allow it dry at least 6 hours.
- Once dry, pop the balloon carefully with a sharp point, such as scissors and peel the balloon away from the twine, revealing a ball.
- Weave lights throughout the twine ball creating a glowing orb. Group them together to decorate a centerpiece or hang them from tree branches to light up your yard!
Looking for more creative and rustic ways to spruce up your indoor or outdoor décor? Try making this DIY farmhouse window décor!