Do you love Valentine’s Day? Well I do too! Every year, I get my husband something special that he has had his eye on, I always make sure to stock up on candy for the kids, and I even get a little something for my girlfriends! This year, I am hosting a “Galentine’s Day” party for me and my friends. This will include apps, drinks, and of course decorations! When I was in my local Dollar Tree, I came across these self inflatable foil “LOVE” balloons and thought they would make a perfect addition to my centerpieces. I stocked up on both the red and pink balloons and they turned out LOVE-ly! Check out below to see how I created them using just a few $1 supplies from Dollar Tree!
LOVE-ly Supplies From Dollar Tree:
- Heart-Shaped Metal Wreath Form
- 2 Rolls of 5-yd. Red or Pink Decorative Mesh
- 4.3-ft. Floral Garden® Wired LED Light Set
- Eyeglass Repair Kit
- 6-pk. AA Batteries
- Foil “LOVE” Script Balloon
- 6-ct. Heart-Shaped Confetti-Filled Latex Balloons
- 11″ Plastic Balloon Pump
- 7-Stem Artificial Queen Roses
- 2-pk. of Scotch® Tape
- Optional: Scissors
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- Start by tying the ends of your red or pink decorative mesh to the point (or the bottom) of the heart-shaped wreath form.
- Working your way around the wreath form tuck loops of mesh between each of the rungs.
- Once you’ve gone all the way around the form, spread 3-4″ loops of mesh out to create the base.
- Next, remove the roses from the master stem, leaving about 4″ of stem on the rose portion (bend wire back and forth to make a break or use scissors).
- Add roses to the base of your wreath form by sticking them into the decorative mesh and then spread the mesh further around roses.
- Add 2 AA Batteries to the LED light set (The light set has a small safety screw that can be taken out with the screwdriver from the eyeglass repair kit!).
- Tuck the battery pack in the point of the heart using mesh to cover it up and wind the lights around the front of the heart.
- Inflate a confetti heart using the balloon pump, and tape it to the base.
- Inflate the “LOVE” script balloon using the balloon pump, and tape to the confetti heart.
There you have it… LOVE-ly centerpieces complete!
Looking for more ways to spruce up your Valentine’s Day party? Check out these framed hugs and kisses!