Shared by Dollar Tree’s Value Seekers Club®! Want more ideas like this? Join the Club >
Skip the boring brown bag lunch when the kids head back to school. Instead, send them off with a lunchbox full of sushi… don’t worry, we’re talking about sandwich sushi! It’s easy to make and fun to eat, plus you can use the same fillings you would for a regular sandwich, or get creative and try new things. The possibilities are endless! It’s also a great snack for play dates, parties, or after school.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Fillings (See Sandwich Ideas Below)
- Plastic Sandwich Container
- Rolling Pin
- Butter Knife
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Remove the crust from a slice of bread and flatten it using a rolling pin.
- Add your fillings and roll tightly, being careful not to tear the bread.
- Slice your sandwich sushi roll into 1″ pieces and line the sandwich container.
Four Fun Sandwich Ideas:
- For Classic Sandwich Lovers: Use the same fillings you would for sandwiches: lunch meat, cheese, peanut butter, jelly, etc.
- For Pickle Lovers: Spread a thin layer of mustard on your bread, then layer on a piece of lunch meat and a piece of cheese. Top with pickles, roll, and slice.
- For Sweet Lovers: Layer the sandwich sushi with peanut butter or chocolate spread. Slice apples or bananas and layer on top, then roll and slice.
- For Traditional Sushi Lovers: Wrap the flattened bread around cream cheese, sliced cucumbers, and smoked salmon for a more grown-up snack.
Check out our Back-to-School Supply Cake Idea, too!