Shared by Dollar Tree’s Value Seekers Club®! Want more ideas like this? Join the Club >
What’s better than a recipe with only two ingredients? How about a recipe with two ingredients that only costs $1 each? These delicious lemon bites are super simple to make and are great for taking to parties and events. Just one taste and your friends and neighbors will be convinced that you spent hours in the kitchen. Don’t worry… the ease and affordability of these tangy, moist cakes will be our little secret!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Vanilla or Angel Food Cake Mix
- Can of Lemon Pie Filling
- 9×11″ Baking Pan
- Cooking Spray or Oil
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Use the cooking spray to grease the inside of the pan.
- Fold together the cake mix and the lemon pie filling. This will create an almost dough-like consistency.
- Spread the thick batter evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. When done, the cake will have an airy but sticky consistency, and will spring back when gently pressed with a finger.
- Allow the cake to cool, then cut into 1-2″ squares.
- Top with powdered sugar or ice cream and they’re ready to serve!