Mystical, magical, and marvelous unicorns are all the rage! Of course, my daughter loves unicorns – her whole room is decked our in rainbows and glittery unicorn horns. This year I’m throwing my daughter a unicorn party and this wreath is the pivotal decoration that will make her party unforgettable. I used a candy cane wreath form from the seasonal winter section at Dollar Tree, as well as a variety of colored decorative mesh. Follow my simple directions to weave together your very own unicorn for just a few bucks! Hang this wreath from the front door at your party to welcome your guests, or use it as table décor. After your celebration, this sweet wreath can become beautiful wall décor for any kids room!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Candy Cane Wire Wreath Form
- White, Gold, Silver, and Colorful Decorative Mesh
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Large Googly Eyes
Magically Simple Steps:
- Use two different brightly-colored mesh (I used blue and hot pink) and loop a knot to the top of the candy cane form alternating between the two colors. Continue tying loops halfway down along the outside of the candy cane form until the mane of the unicorn is complete (12-14 inches of the outside of the wreath).
- Begin at the top hook of the candy cane form, securing the white decorative mesh with hot glue. Weave back and forth between the wire sections, filling the entire candy cane form.
- Create a cone shape from the silver or gold mesh. Glue the shape to the top of the unicorn’s head.
- Use gold decorative mesh to wrap and create a horse bridle.
- Use hot glue to apply googly eyes to the unicorn face for the finishing touch.
Hang this decorative wreath on your front door to welcome guests!
Looking for more magically simple wreaths? Check out these two wreath ideas!