Want to take the sweets served at your wedding to a whole other level? Create an awesome candy buffet! With a wedding sweets candy buffet, you can include all sorts of ornamental sweets such as cookies, cupcakes, and what may be the hottest new trend in dessert treats… Cake Pops!
Of course, making Cake Pops calls for a Bridal Shower with a special invitation to your friends and family who really know their way around the kitchen. The best cake pops also require more than baking skills. It’s a creative expression that routinely benefits from the kind of discussion and group thinking you’ll have at a Bridal Shower based in the kitchen!
So make sure you stay open to new ideas! Everyone will want to contribute, and you may be surprised at the creativity of your Bridal Shower guests.
From here, making your own cake pops should be relatively easy. You just need to add your own personal creative flair to accent your wedding!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Cake Mix (and eggs, oil, etc. needed for mix)
- Canned Frosting
- Chocolate, White Chocolate, or Colored Candy Melts
- Lollipop Sticks
- Fancy Sprinkles
- Creative extras up to you!
How to make Cake Pops:
- Make up your cake mix and bake per instructions on the box.
- Now you have a lovely cake, and it’s time to destroy it. Literally. Turn it into a mish mash of crumbs in a bowl. Some even prefer a food processor, but we find it easy enough just to just use a fork to mash it up.
- Next, we add the frosting. Not on top, but mixed in with the cake bits.
- It should only take about half a can of frosting to create a nice pile of dough, so to speak. You can then chill the dough if you prefer, but it also works if you want to go straight into forming cake pop balls. (Or whatever shape you prefer!)
- Just form the cake/icing mix “dough” into balls and lay them out on a platter with wax paper.
- Now you’re ready for the stick. We suggest dipping the stick into a bit of melted chocolate, and then into the cake pop. This helps the pop stay on the stick better. But you can try it with or without the melted chocolate.
- Next, dip the cake pops into melted chocolate, or whatever flavor/color you prefer. For weddings, you’ll likely want to coordinate colors/flavors of chocolate or colored candy melts for dipping.
- Now place the cake pops in the fridge for a few hours.
- When the cake pops come out of the fridge, they’re ready to be garnished with sprinkles of any variety or color to match your color scheme.
- Creative extras are now up to you! From ribbons and bows to touches of icing and display ideas, the possibilities are endless.
Of course, as we noted in the instructions, you may want to incorporate the same colors in your cake pops as are being used in your wedding decorations. So a few phone calls to guests before the Bridal Shower will help ensure you’ve got just the right Dollar Tree supplies on hand when the oven is turned on! There’s nothing more impressive at a wedding than theme and color coordinated sweets!
Not to mention, while you have a gathering of family and friends with the greatest culinary skills at your Bridal Shower, it’s the perfect time to discuss other candies, cookies and cupcakes, which you should also find for less at Dollar Tree. You may even get volunteers for another Baking Bridal Shower to create some additional special treats for your Candy Buffet!
This could be the Bridal Shower that comes up with the sweetest finishing touch to your whole wedding day!