I might be obsessed with vases and have a bunch lying around my home. And, if you’re like me, you’re thinking it’s time to jazz them up a bit! Now, this one might have you saying “Ain’t nobody got time for that,” but let me tell you friends – it’s a lot more simple and inexpensive than it sounds. Using various $1 vases from Dollar Tree and some paint, I was able to transform my everyday glass vases into chic accent pieces. This is such a neat and innovative idea, plus it’s the perfect way add a touch of uniqueness to your home vases. Check out the marbled glass vases I made recently and customize your own to fit your theme and color scheme!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 or More Colors of Acrylic Paint (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Scrap Newspaper
- Paper Towels
- Plastic Cup
Marbleize and Customize:
- Start by cleaning out your vases and laying newspaper or paper towels on your work surface to eliminate paint going everywhere.
- Pour each color of paint into the bottom of the glass vase. *TIP: If you put each color side to side, it creates a more marbleized look!
- Now, for the trickier part, tilt the glass from side to side or swirl slowly in order to get the paint to move over the glass in different directions, creating that marbled look.
- Once most of the vase is covered, carefully use a paper towel to wipe up the rim or let it sit in the cup while the remaining paint drips off.
- Let the vases dry.
- Voila! You have yourself an elegant piece that might look expensive to some, but little do they know you have got this handy, inexpensive trick up your sleeve.
Digging that marbled look? Check out our Marbled Garden Pots idea!