Stuck inside with the cold-weather and snow? Skip the hats, boots, scarves, and coats and make your own snowy fun indoors. Baking up a batch of sugar cookies with the kids is always a good time. Use icing and marshmallows to decorate each cookie into melted snowmen! These cookies are adorable, and your kids will have a blast making them. After a fun afternoon of baking, cozy up by the fire with your family and enjoy this treat with a cup of cocoa!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Sugar Cookie Mix
- White Vanilla Icing
- Plastic Bags
- Cookie Sheet
- Food Coloring/Candies
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- Bake the cookies in circle shapes, according to the packaging directions. Allow to cool completely.
- Use a knife to apply the white icing in a “puddle” like design.
- Mix additional icing with black or brown food coloring, spoon into a plastic bag, and cut a small hole in a corner for piping. Repeat with additional icing and orange food coloring for a separate bag.
- Pipe coal eyes and a smile on the marshmallow. Pipe additional arms and buttons on the “melted-snow” icing around the marshmallow head.
- Pipe orange carrot noses on each marshmallow.
- Place on a serving tray or a bed of shredded coconut snow for extra fun.
Enjoy with a cup of milk or warm cocoa!
Looking to whip up an extra sweet treat? Why not make your own epic milkshake!