Flowers fade and Mom’s vanity is already filled with lotion, so give her something she’ll always cherish such as pictures of the kids! My husband is the absolute best when it comes to helping my kids make homemade gifts for me. Whether it is for my birthday, Christmas, and especially Mother’s Day, he always makes sure to help their DIY gift vision become a reality.
One of my absolute favorite gifts he ever helped my daughter create for me was this fun “MOM” picture frame set. He helped my daughter cut out the letters from foam-readi board from Dollar Tree and then had her go outside and hold up each of the letter individually. He then took pictures and framed each of them using Dollar Tree frames. My daughter was so excited to give them to me and I hung them instantly in my room. I love being able to look at them every day as a constant reminder of just how sweet my little girl (and my husband) are. Check out below to see how you, too can recreate this adorable gift idea for your mom.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Picture Frames (3-4)
- Scissors or a Craft Knife
- Foam-Readi Board
- Printer (or you can take them to a store and have them printed)
- Using scissors or a craft knife, carefully cut out the letters “MOM” from a foam-readi board.
- Then, simply grab a camera and head out to the park with the kids for a fun photo shoot.
- Don’t worry about “posing” or “perfect smiles” — have fun, and let the kids’ personalities shine!
- After the shoot, select the best photos to print out and frame.
Tip: Need frames? Dollar Tree has you covered with a fantastic selection that will complement any decor. Check out their awesome selection online!
Looking for additional gifts to give to your mom for Mother’s Day? Check out these 5 DIY gifts!