Take charge of your table settings! There are so many ways to personalize Dollar Tree’s $1 charger plates, and we have one more unique idea for you. Grab your glue gun and some faux floral moss… are you intrigued yet? Learn how to bring the outdoors inside by creating rustic moss-covered charger plates to use in place settings, making all of your rustic fairytale wedding dreams come true. These are also great for outdoor weddings and events, and are sure to have everyone “oo-ing” and “ah-ing” at your whimsical, creative tablescape.
Stock Up on $1 Supplies to Set Your Table:
- Charger Plate (Any Color Because It’ll be Covered Anyway!)
- Green Faux Floral Moss
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Dinnerware (Plates, Glasses, Silverware, and Napkins)
How to Cover Your Charger Plates:
- Remove the floral moss from its packaging and use your hands to pull it apart.
- Take small sections of the moss and carefully hot glue them onto the charger plate. Make sure you press firmly on each section to secure all pieces in place. You don’t want messy moss everywhere when you’re eating!
- Repeat step #2 until the entire surface of the charger plate is covered in pretty green moss.
- Once the glue dries, shake off any excess moss.
- Set your table! We added a wine glass, white stoneware plate, and a little potted succulent to ours.
How gorgeous is that?! Give it a try and share your pictures with us using the hashtag #dollartreestyle on Facebook and Instagram. Love the rustic look? Check out our breathtaking tree centerpieces, perfect for spring weddings and events.