Refined and ornate table arrangements are a thing of the past these days as we embrace all things natural and organic! I love bringing a touch of nature into my home because it seems to make our family dining experience so much better. Plus, it is elegant and affordable to decorate with. This spring, I decided to create a moss-inspired tablescape to help capture the ambience of the great outdoors. Using foam floral blocks, moss, succulents, faux ferns, and candle votives, I was able to create a table runner that looked just like the forest floor! Perfect for not only in-home use, but for themed events, weddings, baby showers, and more!
Stock Up on Supplies:
- Foam Blocks – Various Sizes
- Faux Moss
- Faux Succulents
- Faux Ferns
- Stones, Rocks, or Pebbles
- Candle Votives
Transform Your Table:
- Begin with a stacked or lined arrangement of floral foam at the center of your table. Depending on the look you are going for, either extend the arrangement to fit the length of your table or stack it higher at the center.
- Build the base by inserting stems of succulents dispersed around the foam.
- Insert your fern stems around the succulents and fill in all exposed foam with moss.
- Add moss, stones, and votive candles around the arrangement to finish the look!
Pair this beautifully unique runner with a simple place setting outfitted with chargers, plates, napkins, silverware, and glassware from the Dollar Tree. This complete tablescape will look and feel like a fairytale, perfect for a spring wedding or bridal shower!
Wanting even more ways to create an elegant tablescape on a budget? Check out this elegant wedding reception tablescape for more ideas.