With blooming flowers comes the buzzing bees of springtime! Therefore, this year, I am creating this “Mother to BEE” baby shower to honor one of my best friends who is expecting soon. This is the perfect theme for the season plus, it creates a beautiful gender-neutral scene since she wants the gender of the baby to be a surprise. Bright pops of yellow, black, and all things sweet like honey are sure to be a hit. Plus, it makes for an easy and affordable baby shower theme since I am able to get everything I need from Dollar Tree. If you’re looking for a simple yet adorable party theme, follow my four tips and ideas using Dollar Tree products to create this BEE-utiful baby shower!
- Black and White Checkered Plastic Tablecloth
- Yellow Construction Paper
- Black Permanent Marker
- White Tissue Paper
- Yellow and/or Black Paper Plates, Cup Napkins, Utensils, and Streamers
- Faux Foliage
- Glass Canning Jars
- Candy and Snacks – Or whatever your guests will much on!
- Yellow Balloons
- Hole Puncher and/or Scissors
*Dollar Tree also has a wide variety of plastic serveware for all of your catering needs!
Everyone Will Be Buzzin’ Over This Shower Idea
- Create a banner out of yellow construction paper and black permanent marker that says “Mommy to BEE”. This sweet sign is sure to make everyone smile as you celebrate!
- Use glass canning jars, vases, and candleholders to hold snacks, candy, and yellow or black utensils and napkins.
- Create a simple yet, striking backdrop by twisting black and yellow streamers. Don’t forget to alternate between colors!
- Create bees with yellow balloons, black streamers, and white tissue paper. Don’t forget to add a personality to each bee by giving it a face and a smile using black permanent marker. Too cute!
Now that you’ve got the decorations and party supplies covered, it is time to start coming up with baby shower games! Check out these 4 unique and fun shower activities.