December 28, 2016 | Celebrations | Written by Value Seekers Club
New Year’s Eve is right around the corner! If you’re hosting this year’s party, check out this glamorous and budget-friendly dessert for you to serve up to your guests. Turn a simple cupcake into a festive New Year’s Eve dessert by serving it in a bejeweled or glittery martini glass paired with elegant candies. It’s the sweetest way to ring in the New Year!
Shared by Dollar Tree’s Value Seekers Club®! Want more ideas like this? Join the Club >
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Martini Glass
- Clear Nail Polish
- Cake Mix of Your Choice (and ingredients)
- Sno-Caps® Chocolate Candies
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Working in sections, paint the stem and base of your martini glass with the clear nail polish. While the polish is wet, sprinkle on some glitter. Once you’ve covered the entire stem, set it aside to dry.
- To seal the glitter, paint a couple more coats of clear polish on top and allow it to dry. This will make it so you can gently hand-wash your glasses and use them over and over!
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions, let them cool, and then top with frosting.
- Sprinkle enough Sno-Caps® in the glass so that your cupcake will sit flat. Set in a cupcake and add a few more Sno-Caps® around the sides of the glass and on top of your cupcake.
- Instead of using glitter on your martini glasses, you could paint the base and stem with one color or multiple colors of polish. You could also glue on some shiny jewels to the base for a bedazzled touch.
- Instead of using Sno-Caps®, try other small candies of your choice such as chocolate chips, M&Ms®, peppermints, or Skittles®.
- This is also a great idea for a wedding! Have a cupcake tower and put two glasses in front for the bride and groom.
- Use this idea for other desserts — glitter up the stem of a champagne flute and serve a pudding parfait, or decorate a red wine glass for ice cream sundaes.
Don’t forget to check back on our blog often for more great recipes and ideas!