Celebrate summer with an ocean-themed dessert or sweet snack for your kids! Layer a graham cracker with blue icing, goldfish, and fun sea-life details. It’s simple and sweet, and you just need a few $1 ingredients to make this treat for your kids and their friends. Need a fun and easy activity for a summertime party? Let kids decorate their own beach and ocean scenes… serves as both a fun activity and a sweet snack!
- Graham Crackers
- Zipper-Seal Plastic Bag or Piping Bags
- Goldfish Crackers
- Vanilla Icing
- Blue and Green Food Coloring
- 3 Small Mixing Bowls
- Lay graham crackers on a flat surface.
- Place two graham crackers into a zipper-seal bag, seal it closed, and crush the crackers into crumbs. Set aside.
- In two separate bowls, mix a few drops of blue and green food coloring with vanilla icing. Reserve a third small bowl of white vanilla icing.
- Spread the blue icing onto the graham cracker sheets to form the water.
- Use your fingers to sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of the blue icing, forming the sand.
- Spoon the green icing into a piping bag or zipper-seal plastic bag and seal or twist it closed. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag to allow icing to be piped.
- Place goldfish crackers on the blue icing.
- Pipe green icing to create seaweed above the sand.
- Spoon white icing into a piping bag and seal or twist it closed. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag to pipe white dots from the goldfish to create bubbles.
- Plate your ocean-themed creations and start snacking!
Looking for more fun under the sea? Have your kids create their own snack boats!