Do you have a hard time brainstorming creative gift ideas for family, friends, and coworkers during the holidays? Don’t worry… you’ll be dashing to your local store in no time after you see what we have in mind! With one simple craft item — clear plastic ball ornaments — the decorating and gifting possibilities are endless this holiday season. Pair the clear spheres with jewels and sequins, peppermints and glitter ribbon, melted crayons and sticker gems, or even tulle and foam snowflakes for personalized, memorable holiday gifts. One of our most clever ornaments is the DIY Snow Globe Ornament. Follow along to create one of your own!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Clear Plastic Christmas Ball Ornament
- Permanent Marker
- Box Cutter*
- 33-ct. Glitter Stickers
- 3-pc. Funnel Set
- 1 Bag of Faux Snow Pellets
- Glitter Ribbon
- Clear Packing Tape
- Craft Glue or Hot Glue Sticks
- 45-ct. Chenille Stems
- 50-ct. Jingle Bells
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Use a permanent marker to draw a line around the bottom one-fourth of the ball ornament.
- Use a box cutter to carefully cut along the line. Remove the cut piece of the ornament and set aside.
- Use a variety of glitter stickers to create a scene of snowmen, reindeer, trees, and snowflakes on the back of the plastic sheet that the stickers came on. The total dimensions of the scene should be no more than 4×2.5”. Move the remaining stickers to the front of the sheet, so no stickers are behind the scene.
- Flip over the cut-off bottom of the ball so that it forms a small hill on a flat surface.
- Use scissors to cut out the sticker scene (on the plastic sheet) so it will fit inside the ornament ball, taking account of the hill/curve at the bottom of the ball and leaving extra clear backing at the top neck of the ornament.
- Secure the sticker scene to the middle of the hill/bottom of the ornament with clear packing tape or hot glue.
- Replace the bottom of the ornament, with the sticker scene inside the ornament, and secure the bottom of the ornament to the top with clear tape.
- Carefully remove the top hook of the ornament. Use a funnel to pour faux snow into the ornament (in front and behind the sticker scene) until it covers the bottom of the hill, and then replace the top of the ornament.
- Glue a strip of glitter ribbon around the base of the ornament to cover the tape/hot glue, which connects the bottom of the ornament to the top.
*Not sold by Dollar Tree.