Crafting homemade ornaments is a fun-filled Christmas tradition! It makes for the perfect activity to enjoy with your kids or a fun craft for a girls night in. Paint and decorate Dollar Tree’s $1 paint brushes as a festive snowman, Santa, or Christmas tree! Have fun decking the halls by creating your own ornaments or perhaps even a gift tag! Simply attach a ribbon loop to the paintbrush hole and place it on display. This festive spin on a handy tool is the perfect gift for a craft-loving friend!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Paint Brushes
- Red, White, and Green Paint
- Googly Eyes
- Chenille Stems
- Star Cut Outs
- Twine and Ribbon
- Jingle Bells
- Permanent Markers
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Paint the paint brush’s metal strip in white. Allow it to dry completely.
- Draw a top hat on the wooden handle of the brush using black permanent marker.
- Glue two googly eyes to the white painted metal and use markers to draw the carrot nose and coal smile of the snowman.
- Add a sparkly thread of twine or ribbon to hang on display!
- Paint the wooden handle and metal part of the paint brush green and allow it to dry completely.
- Glue a yellow star paper cutout to the top of the handle, just under the hole.
- Decorate your green “tree” with sticky gems or glue sequins as ornaments!
- Add bells to a thread of twine or ribbon to hang on display!
- Paint the metal strip in black. Allow it to dry completely.
- Paint the wooden handle of the paint brush red. Allow it to dry completely.
- Cut and twist a gold pipe cleaner into a square “buckle” for Santa’s belt. Glue it in place on the black belt.
- Add a thread of twine or ribbon to hang on display.