Shared by Dollar Tree’s Value Seekers Club! Want more ideas like this? Join the Club >
Looking for a fun way to add some crafty creativity to your outdoor parties this summer? When the cookouts and patriotic celebrations extend late into the evening, you’ll need something to provide soft lighting. That gives you the opportunity to break out these handsomely decorated and home-crafted luminaries. You can let folks think you paid $15 each for them, or tell them the truth… that you made them yourself, with only a few $1 items from Dollar Tree!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Glass Candleholders, Vases, or Jars
- White Glue
- Wax Paper
- Tissue Paper
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Paint a layer of white glue on the outside of your vase.
- Place a layer of wax paper on top of the glue. This will give your luminary that hazy glow.
- Cut shapes out of the tissue paper (we used stars and stripes for Memorial Day).
- Brush on another layer of glue over the wax paper where you plan to place your tissue paper shapes.
- Place your tissue paper shapes on the luminary and paint an additional layer of glue on top of the tissue paper.
- Repeat until you have decorated your luminary to your liking. Set aside to dry.
- Once dry, place a candle inside the jar. We recommend battery powered LED tealight candles.
- For a little extra pizzazz, add some glitter or a layer of glitter glue.