I am all about a handmade gift for any occasion! So, when I learned that my sister was starting a new job, I thought to myself, what would be something useful, yet thoughtful, she’d love to have in her new office? My mind went straight to a framed picture of her two little kiddos. My next idea was a new calendar to help her stay organized as she plans out her days at a new place. So, I came up with this fun gift idea that combines both… a personalized picture frame calendar! (A fralendar? LOL) Hopefully, she’ll love this gift idea and it’ll help her keep up with her schedule while admiring a special memory.
Picture Frame Calendar Must-Haves:
- Picture Frame (I recommend making sure your calendar and picture frame are about the same width. Otherwise, it could look a little mismatched.)
- Printed Picture
- Hole Punch
Here’s How to Put It All Together:
- Use scissors to cut out the individual calendar pages from the flip calendar.
- Stack the calendar pages together in order, starting with this month.
- Keeping the stack together, use the hole punch to make two holes at the top of the calendar pages, one on each side.
- Cut your ribbon into two 6″ pieces or as long as you want, leaving enough length to tie a bow.
- Take your printed picture and insert it into the frame.
- Before you secure the frame backing, thread the two ribbon pieces between the glass and the bottom of the frame as shown. This is where you’ll attach the calendar pages.
- Secure the frame backing. Pro Tip: Be sure your wall hook on the frame backing is at the top. You don’t want to get through the next steps just to realize your frame is upside down. (I may or may not have done that…)
- Loop your ribbon through each hole and tie two pretty bows. Make sure they’re tied tightly since this will be hanging on a wall.
At the start of each month, tear off that month’s page to show the next one. You can even replace the picture to fit the month, holiday, or season. How fun!
I’m always getting inspired with new gift ideas, so be sure to check out the Gifting section for more fun inspiration.