Many brides want to give their guests a little trinket to take home with them at the end of the reception. And, if you’ve priced wedding favors, you know that they can get pretty expensive… especially if you are having a lot of guests attend your wedding. The good news is that you can still have a favor that’s beautiful and personalized even if you don’t have a huge budget!
Our white favor bags/boxes come in packs of 12 for just $1. That makes them an affordable 8.3¢ each! Just fill them with your favorite candy, nuts, or mints and set them at each place setting, or display them on fancy trays at a favor table. You can also decorate the bags to match your décor or wedding color scheme — simply tie with a ribbon, or add a strip of colored card stock paper (attach it in the back with double-sided tape), and add a personalized label to the front that says “Thank You” or features your names and wedding date. Favor bags are ideal if you are having a candy buffet at your wedding… they’re the perfect size for each guest to take home their fave candy selections. With a little paper, glue, tape, and creativity, you can really personalize them to match your day.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 12-ct. Packs of Favor Boxes/Bags
- Card Stock Paper or Ribbon
- Oval Tags Cut to Fit Bags (see our FREE template)
- Craft Glue or Double-Sided Tape
Easy Step-By-Step Directions (for adding paper strips and labels):
- Cut strips of card stock paper 12″ long and 1-1⁄2″ wide. While your favor bags are still flat, glue a strip onto the center of each, making sure the seams meet in the back. Set aside to dry.
- Print or trace oval tags onto card stock paper and cut out to fit bag size.
- If you are creating a layered tag, overlap layers and glue together.
- Glue labels onto the center of each favor bag, and allow them to dry.
- Once the gift bags are dry, assemble them and place them in a basket or on trays.
Visit DollarTree.com to shop our Personalized Favor Bags idea.