Craft graduation centerpieces that are filled with memories for your graduate’s big day! Fill Dollar Tree picture frames with photos of the graduate throughout the years. At the celebration, enjoy reminiscing with your closest friends and family about how far he or she has come. This nostalgic centerpiece will be the hit of the party and can be displayed as a special keepsake at home long after the party is over.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Four Picture Frames
- Glass Cylinder Vase
- Craft Sand, Glass Gems, or River Rocks
- Balloon Weight
- 3 to 4 Foil Stick Balloons (In School Colors)
- Tape or Rubber Band
- Craft Wire Cutters
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Fill each frame with a picture of the graduate at different ages to show how much they’ve grown.
- Glue the edges of the four frames together to form a cube.
- Allow the frames to dry overnight.
- Fill a glass cylinder vase about halfway full with glass gems, craft sand, or river rocks. This will offer some stability and support for your stick balloons.
- Place a balloon weight on top of the gems/rocks/sand. You should have enough sand/gems/rocks in your vase so that the wispy ends of the balloon weight cascade out over the top of your frames.
- Place the stick balloons in your desired arrangement, pushing them down into the sand/gems/rocks for stability. You may need to use the wire cutters to shorten some of the balloon sticks for your desired look. You can also use tape or rubber bands to secure the balloon sticks to each other or to the vase.
- Place your centerpieces in the middle of every table, by the buffet, and at the gift table.