Making a thoughtful gift for my husband is at the top of my to-do list this month! We’re celebrating our anniversary and we promised not to spend money on gifts this year… but, I just couldn’t resist giving him a little something to show my love. So, I came up with this sweet and simple handmade candle gift idea. I’ve printed out a small black and white picture on computer paper, and I’m adding it to a candle using one of my favorite $1 craft supplies… Mod Podge®! Follow these easy directions to learn how to put these picture-perfect pillar candles together for your loved one.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Choose your favorite picture on Facebook or Instagram and print it out in black and white ink on computer paper. Make sure it’s small enough to fit on your pillar candle!
- Cut your picture to size using scissors and place it on the candle to ensure a proper fit.
- Set the photo aside, and use your paint brush to apply a thin layer of Mod Podge® directly onto the candle where you want your picture to go.
- Press your picture onto the Mod Podge® covered area, securing all edges and corners.
- Allow your picture candle to dry completely for about two hours.
- Finish this personalized gift with a ribbon or string tied into a bow and give to your special someone.
Want more crafty gift ideas like this one? Check out some of our other candle and candleholder ideas on the blog!