Gender reveal parties are such a fun, exciting way to find out the sex of your baby or share the news with friends and family. When it came time to share the exciting news of our baby boy, I wanted to plan a big reveal at our house for our loved ones. (My husband and I found out we were having a boy at our doctor’s visit, but you could ask your doctor to write down BOY or GIRL on paper and seal it in an envelope so it stays a secret for everyone.)
I knew I wanted the reveal to be fun for everyone, but I also didn’t want to spend a lot of money… and it’s a good thing, because it turns out, babies are expensive! 😉 So, when I stopped by Dollar Tree on my lunch break and stumbled across a big section of blue and pink goofy string, I knew just what to do. I loaded up my cart with 30 cans of blue, enough for every person I invited. The night before the party, I decorated the house in all things pink and blue and prepared the goofy string for the big reveal!
Here’s What I Used:
- Goofy String (Blue or Pink for Boy or Girl)
- Storage Basket
- Paper Shreds
- Gender-Neutral Wrapping Paper
How to Prep the Goofy String:
- Remove the blue or pink caps from every can of goofy string.
- Use scissors to cut the wrapping paper into strips that will cover the whole can.
- Wrap the strips around each can and tape in place.
- Do a spray test of each can just to make sure they are all ready for action the next day. Then place them into a storage basket with paper shreds. (Be sure to wipe off any residue from the nozzle, if any… you don’t want any trace or clues!)
During the party when it was time to reveal, we had each person grab a goofy string can and head out to the backyard. My husband and I stood on one side of the yard and asked our friends and family to make a semi-circle facing us a few yards away. We asked them to spray the cans in the air in our direction on the count of three… 3, 2, 1, SPRAY! Blue string went all over the yard and everyone cheered and ran toward us to share hugs and well wishes. It’s hands-down one of my favorite memories of this day. Get goofy like we did and give it a try for your gender reveal!