Give the sweetest gift this holiday season with Pint Jar Cookies! Everyone on your list will love this easy and affordable treat packaged in an adorable pint-sized glass canning jar. Simply layer dry cookie ingredients in a jar and decorate it with tissue paper and ribbon. Add the finishing touch to your gift with our printable jar labels for your loved one’s name or a fun holiday message. This affordable gift is also a great idea for your child’s teachers, neighbors, co-workers, or friends.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Glass Pint Jar
- Dry Cookie Recipe Ingredients:
– ¾ cup Flour
– ¾ tsp. Baking Powder
– ¼ tsp. Salt
– ½ cup Rolled Oats
– ½ cup Chocolate Chips
– ¼ cup Packed Brown Sugar
– ½ tsp. Cinnamon
– ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- Ice Cream Scoop
- Tissue Paper
- Rubber Band
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- First, print labels for the front and back of your jar using the “Christmas Cookies” and “Instructions” label templates on pages 2 and 3. We printed our labels on 8.5×11” label sheets, then cut them out. If you want, you can personalize these labels, as we did, with your name, etc.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Using a funnel, pour the mixture into your glass pint jar. Make sure that the ingredients are level and use the ice cream scoop to pack the mixture tightly into the jar.
- Pour the oats over the flour mixture.
- Pour the chocolate chips over the oats.
- Pack the light brown sugar over the chocolate chips.
- Pour the white sugar on top and pack tightly.
- Put lid and rim back on jar and close tightly.
- Layer several pieces of tissue paper on top of each other and then cut out a 6” circle. You could also use fabric, if preferred.
- Place tissue over jar lid and secure with a rubber band. Cut a piece of ribbon about 24” long and tie into a pretty bow around jar lid, concealing the rubber band.
- Adhere “Christmas Cookies” label to the front of your jar and “Instructions” label to the back of your jar.