Geometrical wall art is so in right now! Get with the trend using this Dollar Tree hack to create your own DIY hexagon-shaped shadow box for a wall in your house. Using craft sticks and glue, this is a Pinterest-worthy craft you can do for just a few dollars.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Craft Sticks (Picture Shows 66; 11 Per Side for Hexagon)
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Lay your craft sticks on a flat surface in the geometrical shape you desire.
- Once you have the outline of the shape you’d like, glue the craft sticks together with a dollop of glue on each end as shown.
- Once you’ve created the base of your shadow box, repeat step two until you layer on enough craft sticks to the desired depth of your shadow box.
- Allow the hot glue to set for 30 minutes before hanging.
- Once dry, hang your shadow box on an accent wall using nails and a hammer.
- Optional: Add a small, light object to display inside!
Fun Tips: We left our shadow box its natural color, but you can use paint to add a pop of color to your walls and match your decorations. These also look great paired together with one or two more, so get together with your friends and make a craft night of it!