July 6, 2017 | Tips & Hacks
Nothing screams summer like an ice cream cone topped with sprinkles! Put a twist on this hot-weather treat by making ice cream cone cupcakes for a less mess, melt-free dessert. Perfect for your next summer party or barbecue, follow this simple recipe to bake cupcakes inside of ice cream cones. Top with a swirl of icing and colorful sprinkles to mimic the look of soft-serve ice cream (Kids will love helping with this part!). Then serve up this cool treat to your family and friends… we guarantee they’ll be impressed!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 12 Ice Cream Cones
- 1 Box of Cake Mix and Ingredients
- Container of Vanilla Icing
- Piping Bag and Tips
- 9×11″ Baking Pan
- Aluminum Foil
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Preheat your oven to the temperature shown on the back of your cake mix.
- Secure aluminum foil to the top of your baking pan, leaving space below the foil.
- Use a sharp knife to poke 12 equally spaced holes in the foil, making one for each ice cream cone to sit in.
- Insert one cone into each foil hole.
- Mix and prepare cake batter as instructed on the package directions, then fill each cone about ¾ full of batter. Bake according to the cupcake instructions.
- Remove the cones from the foil immediately after baking, and allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack or cutting board.
- Fill a piping bag with icing and pipe the icing on top of each cupcake cone to look like a swirl of soft-serve ice cream.
- Top with sprinkles and enjoy your sweet and adorable treat!
Want another summer dessert recipe? Check out our easy and delicious lemon bites recipe here.