June 13, 2018 | DIY & Crafts | Written by The Dollarista
Are you proud to be an American… and a crafter?! Well, it’s time to swap out that wreath on your front door to one that’s red, white, and blue to show of your patriotic pride! Whether you’re celebrating Fourth of July, Flag Day, or any day in between, making this pretty floral wreath is a must. Not only is it simple and oh-so-cute, it can be crafted for less than $10.
Get Your Hands on These Wreath Supplies:
- Willow Wreath Form
- Faux Flowers (Red, White, and Blue)
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
Assemble Your Wreath:
- Turn on some patriotic tunes like the “Star Spangled Banner” to really get you in the spirit! (Optional, but highly recommended.)
- Use scissors to trim the stems of your flowers leaving about 2-3 inches below the blooms.
- Add a dab of hot glue to the stem and insert it in between the willow wreath twigs until just the bloom is sticking out. Hold in place for a few seconds until the glue dries and the flower feels secure.
- Repeat step #3 for every flower. Alternate red, white, and blue flowers, or create sections with each color like I did… up to you!
- Go the extra mile by adding mini American flags, star stickers, and other embellishments to create a one-of-a-kind wreath.