Festive party snacks are a necessity during patriotic holidays and events! Prep your favorite finger foods and make them festive! Use red and blue food coloring to transform ordinary deviled eggs. Dip each hard-boiled egg into blue colored water to create a blue and white “stripe.” Add a few drops of red coloring into the yolk mixture to create the bright filling. Red, white, and blue stripes create the perfect chilled side dish or snack to bring along to the party!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
- ¼ Cup of Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon of Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Blue and Red Food Coloring
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Paper Towels
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Fill a small mixing bowl with 2 cups of water and 10 drops of blue food coloring. Submerge all hard-boiled eggs into the blue water for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the eggs and pat dry with a paper towel. The outer eggs should be completely blue.
- Cut each hard-boiled egg in half and remove the inner yolk into a small mixing bowl. Place the egg white on a serving platter and set them aside.
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper with the egg yolk until smooth. Add a few drops of red food coloring and stir until the mixture is completely combined and fully red.
- Use a small spoon to add the egg yolk mixture back into the egg whites.
- Arrange on a serving platter and enjoy your patriotic deviled eggs!
Looking for more patriotic apps to celebrate the upcoming holiday? Give these fun patriotic firecracker cake pops a try!