Summer is on its way and with it comes the outdoor living season! Serve up a delicious and refreshing appetizer while hosting friends in your backyard or as an easy and affordable dish for you and your family to enjoy. This simple dish is sure to kick your standard chips and salsa up a notch. Combine the fresh and seasonal flavors of corn, cilantro, lime, avocado, onion, and tomato to create this sweet and savory salsa. Serve chilled with your favorite tortilla chips while enjoying the fresh outdoors!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 32-oz. of Canned Corn, Drained
- 16-oz. of Rotel Tomatoes, Drained
- Onion Powder or ½ Red Onion, Finely Chopped
- Jar of Guacamole (I used an avocado I had at home)
- 1/3 Cup Lime Juice
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- Cilantro Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Salt Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Tortilla Chips
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Sauté the corn, tomatoes, guacamole or avocado, onion, and tomatoes in a skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine the lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small mixing bowl as the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over top of the corn mixture and stir.
- Serve chilled in a bowl along-side of tortilla chips for dipping!
Looking for more easy summer appetizers? Try out this simple and tasty mustard pretzel dip!