Nothing could be simpler than adding a piece of colorful ribbon to a glass jar candle — it’s truly an easy and inexpensive way to dress up a plain candle, and add some romance and ambiance to your wedding space. Personalize a variety of candleholders to match your wedding color scheme for streamlined decorations. You could also apply this same technique to empty glass candleholders and vases — just fill your personalized wedding candles with gems, sand, candles, or flowers for a dressed-up look.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Mini Glass Apothecary Jar Candles
- Ribbon in Various Colors/Widths
- Double-Sided Tape
- Craft Glue
- Rubbing Alcohol
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Remove the labels from the jar candles, and apply rubbing alcohol to help dissolve the label’s glue and to clean smudges and sticky residue from the glass.
- Cut your ribbon into 8.5”-long pieces.
- If you are using two contrasting ribbon colors/widths, attach one ribbon on top of the other using a little craft glue at each end.
- Then, wrap a piece of ribbon around every jar and secure it discreetly in the back with double-sided tape.
- Finally, use finished ribbon-embellished candles to decorate your reception tables, plus you can place them around your reception area for added ambiance.