Traditional Irish cuisine is famous for savory potato dishes and these bites are no exception. Follow this recipe with ingredients from Dollar Tree to create hearty Loaded Potato Bites. These handheld bites serve as a great side dish or appetizer. Loaded with sour cream, bacon, and cheese, you’ll want to incorporate these potatoes into your meals year-round!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 10 Small Red Potatoes
- ¾ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Chopped Bacon
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ Cup Chopped Chives
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Large Pot
- Serrated Knife
- Baking Sheet
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Fill a large pot with four quarts of salted water. Place the potatoes in the water, and bring to a boil. Allow the potatoes to boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the boiling water and allow them to cool for five minutes.
- Use a serrated knife to cut each potato in half. Use a spoon to scoop out the inside of the potato, creating a small “bowl.” Place the scooped portion of potato into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Repeat this step for all of the potatoes, and set the “potato bowls” aside.
- Mix the scooped out potatoes, sour cream, bacon, and cheese together and mash with a fork.
- Refill each potato half with the filling.
- Place potato bites on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and potatoes are golden.
- Top each Loaded Potato Bite with chopped chives and sour cream, and serve warm!
Looking for another bite-sized appetizer? Try out these bunless cheeseburger bites!