Fourth of July is the ultimate summertime celebration! The entire nation is united as we celebrate independence and freedom and enjoy a day with our families and friends. I love having everyone over for a patriotic party at our house. We decorate the house in all things red, white, and blue and whip up some delicious dishes. This year, the star of the show will be these patriotic cake pops served on festive pedestal trays. These are no ordinary cake pops because they’re actually made with cookies… no cake baking required! The best part is that I got almost everything to make them all from Dollar Tree.
Cookie Cake Pop Supplies & Ingredients:
- Package of Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 8-oz. Package of Softened Cream Cheese
- 16-oz. Package of White Chocolate Chips
- Red, White, and Blue Sprinkles
- Wax Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Microwavable Bowl
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Place the whole pack of chocolate sandwich cookies into a large plastic bag, seal, and use your fist to crush the cookies into crumbs. Let your kids help with this part!
- Add the cookie crumbs and package of cream cheese into a mixing bowl and use your hands to combine the ingredients.
- Use your hands to roll 1″ balls of the mixture and line them on your wax paper.
- Once all balls have been rolled onto the wax paper, place the lined baking sheet into the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in a microwavable bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring with a spoon in between.
- Once completely melted, use spoons to dip each chilled cake ball into the chocolate, coating it, and then placing it back on the wax paper.
- While the chocolate is still wet, add sprinkles and use a spoon to drizzle on more chocolate.
- Repeat steps 7-8 until all balls have been covered and coated with sprinkles/drizzle.
- Let the cake pops sit at room temperature for an hour until the chocolate is firm, then place them on a serving tray for the party. I made these fun pedestal serving trays to display the cake pops using Dollar Tree’s glass candleholders and plastic tray! Simply hot glue two candleholders underneath a round red, white, or blue rectangular serving tray. Or, you could use one round tray and one candleholder in the center.
Want even more red, white, and blue inspiration? Check out other patriotic ideas on the blog.