Make endless hours of meal prep a thing of the past by making simple crockpot meals. Perfect for the holiday season, simply pour ingredients into a gallon-sized plastic freezer storage bag, freeze, and thaw a day or so before you are ready to use.
I am a HUGE fan of freezer meals since they are a big time saver especially around the holidays when I don’t have time to go to the store. For one of my meals, I decided to make hearty Swedish meatballs. I combined all of my ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer storage bag, put it in my freezer, and then pulled it out, let it thaw, and cooked it in my slow cooker when we needed an easy meal! If you are looking to cook your meal even quicker, simply put it in a skillet and let simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Slow Cooker (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Gallon-Sized Plastic Freezer Storage Bags
- 2 Bags of Frozen Meatballs, Homestyle Variety
- 1 Can of Mushroom Gravy
- Mixing Spoon
- Permanent Marker
- 8-oz. of Sour Cream
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- Put all of your ingredients in freezer bag and label it, so that you know which meal it is.
- Take your prepped freezer meal out of the freezer and let it thaw in your fridge for about a day. If you are looking for a quicker solution, let the freezer meal thaw in warm water (make sure to keep the meal inside of your sealed storage bag) and then cook in a skillet for about 20 minutes.
- Place all of your ingredients in your slow cooker, turn on high, and cover.
- Let cook for 4 hours and stir every half hour. You can also cook on low for 8 hours while you are at work, plus there is no need to stir on low.
- Turn off your slow cooker and serve while warm.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes for the holidays? Check out this easy 3-ingredient slow cooker cranberry chicken!