Hey y’all, your fav Dollar Diva here, and have I got something to show you! With Halloween right around the corner, I have been trying to decide what I am going to dress up as. Each year, I like to be something different than what I was the previous year. Not to mention, I almost always have more than one party to go to, which means I have to come up with more than one costume!
This year, I decided I would plan ahead and come up with a few different looks. One of my Halloween costume ideas is to be a sugar skull. Since I plan on a being a few different things this upcoming Halloween season, I am looking to save money and use my budget wisely. Therefore, I went to the one place I can always count on, Dollar Tree! When I went to my local store, I was instantly AMAZED by not only their everyday makeup, but their Halloween makeup as well! They had such a huge variety, plus everything was just $1 each. So, of course, I stocked up on a ton of products! After seeing their huge selection, I decided that I would go all out on my makeup this year.
Check out below to see how I created this simple and sleek sugar skull makeup look! I promise, you’ll be rad to the bone 😉
Simply Stock Up on These Supplies:
- Makeup Brushes
- Sassy+Chic™ B.B. Beauty Cream
- L.A. Colors® Black Auto Eyeliner
- L.A. Colors® Smokey Eyeshadow
- L.A. Colors® Highlight
- L.A. Colors® Purple Metallic Color Stick
- L.A. Colors® Purple Shimmering Loose Eyeshadow
- L.A. Colors® Matte Liquid Liner (I used black and purple)
- L.A. Colors® Cosmic Lip Topper
- L.A. Colors® Black Big Lash Mascara
- Bobby Pins
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- I first applied foundation as I normally would using Sassy+Chic™ B.B. Beauty Cream.
- Next, I used L.A. Colors® Black Auto Eyeliner to define my cheek bone on one side (you can pick whichever side you would like).
- Then, I used L.A. Colors® Black Smokey Eyeshadow to create shadows below cheekbone (I did this on the same side that I applied the eyeliner to).
- Once my cheekbone definition was complete, I used L.A. Colors® Highlight above that same cheekbone to give it a glowy look.
- I then continued with the L.A. Colors® Black Auto Eyeliner to create swirly designs along the top of my cheekbone.
- Using the same black eyeliner, I began to draw a circle around my eye until it was about a half-inch thick (enough to where my eyebrow was covered and on the same side that I did my cheeckbone).
- Next, I used L.A. Colors® Purple Metallic Color Stick to fill in the remaining portion of my eye.
- I then applied L.A. Colors® Purple Shimmering Loose Eyeshadow to the top of the metallic color stick for an extra shimmery look.
- To complete the look for my eye, I used L.A. Colors® Black Matte Liquid Liner to draw on some designs around my eye (created half circles). I then took the L.A. Colors® Purple Matte Liquid Liner and added a few dots within my design I just created around my eye.
- Once my eye was complete, I used L.A. Colors® Black Auto Eyeliner to create a spider web pattern along my forehead and added a few shadows by using black eyeshadow.
- To make my eye pop, I used L.A. Colors® Matte Liquid Liner and L.A. Colors® Black Big Lash Mascara for my eye lashes.
- Now on to the lips! I decided to go a little eccentric and used L.A. Colors® Cosmic Lip Topper for my lips.
- To complete my makeup look, I used L.A. Colors® Matte Liquid Liner to create a stitch pattern on one side of my mouth.
- I even decided to take my sugar skull makeup look one step further by using a few of Dollar Tree’s Halloween faux flowers for my hair and used bobby pins to clip them in.
There you have it… sugar skull makeup for Halloween complete! Check out my video below to follow along step-by-step.
Looking for more Halloween makeup looks? Check out this aDOErable doe look!